NCAOR STRATEGIC PLAN
Adopted October 29, 2015
To be the voice and resource for the local real estate community.
The purpose of the Nevada County Association of REALTORS® is to provide resources, education, real property rights advocacy and community outreach, thereby promoting professionalism and positioning our members for success.
Goal One – Higher Level of Communication & Engagement
- Conduct quarterly broker roundtables.
- Provide communication to Brokers and representative to use at their at office meetings
- Survey Members
- Maintain links on the association and MLS websites.
- Establish a Retention and Recruitment Committee to promote committee involvement.
- Host chamber mixer
- Launch website
- Establish a courier service to offices
- Create policies to promote association and its members
- Be the “Voice for Real Estate” and promote market statistics and/or real estate trends and issues and their impact on consumers.
- Enhance community involvement to promote the value proposition of using a REALTOR® and/or engage in community activities that enhance the image of REALTORS®.
- Boost consumer advocacy efforts and engage the public in legislative/political issues that impact homeownership, real estate investment and related issues.
- Heighten community investment through organizing human resources or fundraising for the benefit of local charitable/community organizations.
Goal Two – Education
- Use C.A.R. and N.A.R. resources
- Utilize shared services with neighboring associations
- Offer affordable meaningful education
- Survey members on timely topics needs
- Leadership Orientation
- Continue Lunch & Learn and Brunch & Learn Seminars
Goal Three – Advocacy
- Maintain a strong Legislative Affairs Committee
- Research more extensive sharing of a Government Affairs Director
- Educate LCRC Trustees
- Encourage NAR’s Broker Involvement Program
- Promote “Calls for Action”
- Promote RPAC and the REALTOR® Party in Dues Statement.
- Inform Members of upcoming C.A.R. or NAR issues
- Engage members in participating in the C.A.R. Legislative Day
- Send leadership and management to the N.A.R. meetings D.C.
- Raise 100% of the established RPAC Fundraising goal.
- Achieve participation rates on NAR and State calls for action that are better than the average participation rates.
- Support property rights, housing, and real property ownership by providing active campaign assistance for local political candidates that are friendly to Realtor® Party issues.
Goal Five – Maintain a Relevant MLS
- Education and Tools (RPR, HomesConnect, Webinars.…)
- Mobile responsive MLS – for both agents and consumers
- Training on new products
- Statistical Data that is easy to pull – market shots
- Foster Reciprocal Agreements
- Pilot Testing
Goal Six – Education/Promotion of Ethics
- Upload data in Ethics Check system
- Provide training session for Professional Standards panelists
- Maintain current professional standards forms, manual and process
- Provide timely information on industry issues
- Maintain Code of Ethics training for all members to meet two-year requirement.
- Promote REALTOR® brand and commitment to Code of Ethics
Goal Seven – Financial Stability
- Conduct a minimum of a financial review annually and outside audit every three (3) years
- Follow Financial Policies and Procedures
- Review REALTOR® Dues and service fees annually
- Membership recruitment and retention
- Create Marketing Strategy for rental space
- Implement revenue generating programs and events
Form a Facility Task Force to review building facility and features that can generate dollars.